Staying less than 3 months
- Staying less than 3 months
- Staying more than 3 months
- Changing Employer
- I want to live in the Republic of Lithuania permanently
- I want to report a lost document
- I want to get asylum in the LR
- I want to get a travel document
- I want to become a citizen of the Republic of Lithuania
- I want to become an electronic resident
- I want to submit a mediation letter (invitation)
- I want to report of the changes of details
- Obligations of foreigners
- Rights of foreigners
I want to come to the Republic of Lithuania for less than 3 months
If you intend to stay in Lithuania for up to 90 days in any 180-day period, it is sufficient for you to have Schengen visa (if you are not subject to visa-free regime).
I want to visit the Republic of Lithuania for a short time (less than 90 days).null
If you intend to visit the Republic of Lithuania for a maximum of 90 days within any 180 days, you may enter:
- under the visa-free regime if you are subject to the visa-free regime;
- with a valid Schengen visa if you are not covered by the visa-free regime.
Foreigners who are nationals of the State included in the List of third countries whose nationals are exempt from the requirement to hold visa when crossing the external borders of the Member States for a period not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period (Regulation (EU) 2018/1806 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 November 2018 listing the third countries whose nationals must be in possession of visas when crossing the external borders and those whose nationals are exempt from that requirement. For more information, visit the website the Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.urm.lt Consular section.
If you are subject to the visa-free regime, you have the right to enter and stay without a visa in the Republic of Lithuania, but your stay in the Republic of Lithuania and other Schengen States may not exceed 90 days in any 180-day period. You can count the time of stay here.
You should apply to the Lithuanian Visa service in a foreign country or through the visa application centre of the external service provider if you are abroad, or to a diplomatic mission or consular post of another Schengen State representing the Republic of Lithuania. For more information, visit the website the Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.urm.lt Consular section.
With a valid Schengen visa you can enter the Republic of Lithuania and stay in the Republic of Lithuania for a period specified in the visa, but your stay in the Republic of Lithuania and other Schengen States may not exceed 90 days in any 180-day period. You can count the time of stay here.
If you are not a citizen of a Member State of the European Union but have a European Union residence card issued by one of the Member States of the European Union, you may enter the Republic of Lithuania and stay in the Republic of Lithuania without a visa for a period not exceeding 90 days within 180 days period;
If you have a residence permit or national visa issued by another Schengen State, you have the right to enter and stay without a visa in the Republic of Lithuania during the period of validity of the residence permit or national visa, but your stay in the Republic of Lithuania and other Schengen states may not exceed 90 days within 180 days period
I have to stay in Lithuania longer than my Schengen visa is valid. What to do?null
You can request an extension of the Schengen visa.
The period of validity of your Schengen visa and/or the duration of your stay may be extended if you submit:
- evidence of force majeure or humanitarian reasons as to why you cannot leave the Republic of Lithuania until the expiry of the Schengen visa or the end of the length of stay authorised by the visa;
- evidence of important personal reasons justifying the extension of the validity of the Schengen visa or duration of stay;
Permit for seasonal work issued to you by the Employment Service for up to 90 days or an extended seasonal work permit if the total period does not exceed 90 days, or you apply for a new or extended seasonal work permit.
- application for a Schengen visa completed by electronic means of filing the application;
The application must be completed in Latin characters, printed and submitted together with the documents for a visa. You can fill in the application on the website: https://visa.vrm.lt/epm/
- valid travel document;
A valid travel document must meet the following requirements:
- must be issued in the last ten years;
- must contain at least two blank pages;
- Travel document validity term must be at least 3 months longer than the requested visa validity term;
- 1 colour photo (35x45 mm);
- Document about sufficient means of subsistence;
An adequate amount of subsistence for one person is EUR 40 per day, both for the duration of the intended stay and for returning to the country of origin or residence, or for transit to a third country to which he would be certainly admitted. This requirement does not apply to a minor alien travelling with an adult family member.
- Health insurance document, valid during the stay in Lithuania and in all the Schengen countries.
Health insurance must guarantee the reimbursement of the necessary medical expenses, as defined in the Republic of Lithuania Law on Health, and expenses that may arise due to the return of the alien to a foreign state for health reasons (transportation, including escort of a personal health care specialist (specialists)). The sum insured must be at least EUR 30,000.
- Documents confirming why you cannot leave Lithuania until the expiry of the Schengen visa and/or the documents justifying important personal reasons.
- Information enabling an assessment of your intention to leave the territory of Member States by the expiry of the requested visa validity period.
If you are exempt from this fee in the cases provided by law, you must provide documents confirming these circumstances.
The fee is not charged if the Schengen visa validity period and (or) length of stay is extended due to force majeure (force majeure) or humanitarian reasons
You must apply to the Migration division or Migration Department if you are legally present in Lithuania, for the extension of the Schengen visa.
The decision to issue a national visa is made within 15 calendar days from the date of the request. This period may be extended by up to 45 calendar days.
- the total number of days of the initial and extended Schengen visa may not exceed 90 days;
- when extending the period of validity of the Schengen visa and/or the duration of stay, a new Schengen visa must be issued with the same territorial validity as the original visa, unless the authority extending the visa decides otherwise.