You don't need the assessment of conformity to the needs of Lithuanian labour market.
First of all, you must electronically via the Lithuanian Migration Information System (MIGRIS) fill-out the request to issue or change the residence permit and include digital copies of the documents being added to this request. After filling-out the request and booking the visitation time via MIGRIS, within 4 months from the day of filling-out the request via MIGRIS you must personally address in regards to the issuance (changing) of temporary residence permit and submit the biometric data, as well as original documents. These documents shall be added to the request:
1. valid travel document;
Documents affirming the issuance (changing) of the temporary residence permit:
2. Number of the facilitation letter submitted by the employer via the Lithuanian Migration Information System (MIGRIS) (shall be indicated when filling-out the request regarding temporary residence permit via ‘MIGRIS’);
If a multi-employer contract is to be concluded or has been concluded, the first employer submits the mediation letter via MIGRIS, indicating the other employers.
The mediation letter shall state:
- whether you have a multi-employer contract.
Your employer must make sure that you have a document proving that you have completed your studies or training in Lithuania (e.g. a diploma, certificate).
3. If the facilitation letter indicates that your monthly wage is less than 1 MMW, the document about sufficient subsistence funds;
The value of subsistence funds is one minimum wage per month. This can be the bank certificate.
4. The undertaking (confirmation) that you will declare your residence in a dwelling with a living area of at least 7 square metres for each adult person declaring a residence therein (to be confirmed by completing the application via MIGRIS);
The residential area requirement for the suitable dwelling shall not be applied, if the employer:
- will employ you in accordance to the employment contract to perform work, which is associated with continual driving on international routes; or
- you are sent to work in another EU or EFTA Member State under a contract for the provision of services or works in that Member State during the period of your employment there.
5. Certificate regarding conviction/non-conviction;
It shall be needed only when you are for the first time addressing in regards to the residence permit. These are the certificates issued by the competent institutions of foreign countries, wherein you lived prior to entering the Republic of Lithuania or have been living for the past 2 years (save for those cases when you were living in the foreign country less than 6 months within 12 months period) affirming that you were/were not convicted therein. The translated in to Lithuanian language, as well as legalized and/or certified (Apostille), when this is needed, certificates must be issued no sooner than 6 months prior to the day of submitting the application regarding the residence permit. If you were convicted, the certificate must indicate when and for which criminal activity you were convicted, what was the sentence awarded and has it been carried-out.
The certificate stating that you were not convicted may be submitted in English or a certified-by-the-interpreter’s-signature translation to English from a different language may be submitted.
The certificate is not required if you have a valid temporary residence permit and you have declared your residence in the Republic of Lithuania.
You must pay the public fees:
- For the acceptance, review of the request to issue/change the temporary residence permit, adoptions of decisions and issuance of the temporary residence permit;
- Based on the general procedure - 120.00 EUR;
- Based on the urgent procedure - 240.00 EUR.
For obtaining of a temporary residence permit you are requested:
- to arrive within your pre-booked timeslot at a relevant territorial office of the Migration Department; or
For renewal of a temporary residence permit you are requested:
- to arrive within your pre-booked timeslot at a relevant territorial office of the Migration Department.
The decisions regarding temporary residence permits are accepted and temporary residence permits issued:
- Regarding the issuance of permit:
- Based on the general procedure - within 2 months;
- Based on the urgent procedure - within 1 month;
- Regarding the changing of permit:
- Based on the general procedure - within 2 months;
- Based on the urgent procedure - within 1 months.
- Upon arriving to the Migration Department at the booked time, your presence in Lithuania must be lawful;
- Upon submitting the request to issue or change the temporary residence permit, you may be issued a national visa, the validity duration of which is no more than 5 months from the day of submitting the request regarding the issuance or changing of the temporary residence permit in Lithuania;
- If a national visa, which is valid for 1 year, or a couple of national visas, the total validity period of them is 1 year, was/were issued for you and you intend to submit a request regarding the issuance of temporary residence permit, then in order to be able to stay in Lithuania for the duration of the review of request you should submit this request upfront - 2-4 months until the end of the validity period of the national visa.