You can get a national visa.
You must submit the following documents:
- a request for the issue of a national visa, completed by electronic means for completing the application.
The application must be completed in Latin characters, printed and submitted together with the documents for a visa. You can fill in the application on the website: https://visa.vrm.lt/epm/
- valid travel document;
A valid travel document must meet the following requirements:
- must be issued in the last ten years;
- must contain at least two blank pages;
- Travel document validity term must be at least 3 months longer than the requested visa validity term;
- 1 colour photo (35x45 mm);
- accreditation card;
A document confirming that you are a journalist accredited by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania and coming to the Republic of Lithuania to engage in activities under the Law on Public Information of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Document on sufficient means of subsistence (e.g. relevant statement from bank account or employment contract);
The amount of subsistence is 1 minimum monthly salary for one month, the amount of return funds – 1 minimum monthly salary.
- Mediation letter by the host person or legal entity may be submitted along with application for issue a national visa. Mediation letter can be electronically provided through the Lithuanian Migration Information System (MIGRIS) (the number of mediation letter must be indicated for the visa service);
- Health insurance document, valid during the stay in Lithuania and in all the Schengen countries (if a mediation letter is submitted no health insurance document is needed. VISA services have right to require submitting this document).
Health insurance must guarantee the reimbursement of the necessary medical expenses, as defined in the Republic of Lithuania Law on Health, and expenses that may arise due to the return of the foreigner to a foreign state for health reasons (transportation, including escort of a personal health care specialist (specialists)). The sum insured must be at least EUR 30,000.
You have to pay a fee – EUR 120.
If you are exempt from this fee in the cases provided by law, you must provide documents confirming these circumstances.
For the issue of a national visa, you must apply to:
The decision to issue a national visa is made within 15 calendar days from the date of the request. This period may be extended by up to 45 calendar days.
- the national visa is issued for a maximum of one year;
- the national visa is issued for a period of at least 91 days;
- if you have been issued with a national visa for one year, you may be issued with another national visa if more than 180 days had expired from your previous visa or the total validity period of all visas you had. The total period of validity of several national visas must be counted from the date of issue of the previous national visa, if less than 180 days have elapsed since the expiry of its validity;
- if you are holding a national visa, valid for 1 year or several national visas with a total validity of 1 year, and intending to apply for a temporary residence permit, in order to stay in Lithuania during the consideration of the application will have to submit this application in advance - 2 to 4 months before the expiry of the actual national visa.