From the 1st of March some provisions related to the work of foreigners will change
null From the 1st of March some provisions related to the work of foreigners will change
The Migration Department informs that from March 1, 2021:
- foreigners studying for a master's degree or a doctorate, as well as foreigners who have completed their studies in Lithuania during the term of validity of their temporary residence permit will have the right to work in the Republic of Lithuania without a limit of 20 hours per week;
- a foreigner holding a temporary residence permit issued for a graduate of studies in Lithuania will be able not only to look for a job, but also to start working. In this case, a foreigner is released from the obligation to obtain a decision of the Employment Service that his/her job meets the needs of the Lithuanian labour market;
- a foreigner who has submitted an application for a temporary residence permit (blue card) for an employee of higher professional qualification will have the right to start employment in a highly qualified job from the date the application for a temporary residence permit on this basis is received at the Migration Department or from the date of adoption of the decision of the Employment Service regarding the compliance of the foreigner with the needs of the labour market of the Republic of Lithuania, when such decision is necessary;
- a foreigner coming to work as an intern or trainee will be able to obtain a temporary residence permit after the Employment Service has made a decision regarding the foreigner’s compliance with the needs of the labour market of the Republic of Lithuania, and not after the work permit has been issued;
- a foreigner who has been issued a work permit by the Employment Service will be able to apply only for the issuance of a national visa and only to the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania or through an external service provider.